Sean is a partner specialising in contentious construction and engineering matters.
He is widely regarded as a leading construction and engineering lawyer with over 25 years' experience in all forms of dispute avoidance/management and resolution including mediation, conciliation, adjudication, arbitration and litigation.
Sean has particular experience and expertise across various sectors including energy, utilities, waste management, heavy engineering, real estate development and infrastructure. He also has extensive experience of many standard forms of contract including NEC, JCT, ICE, MF/1, IChemE, FIDIC and various contractual arrangements in the nuclear sector.
Sean is independently recognised as an expert in the field of Construction by the Legal 500 and Chambers UK, guides to the legal profession. He is also cited by the publication The International Who's Who of Business Lawyers as a 'leading construction and engineering lawyer'.
Jurisdiction: England and Wales
- Advising a contractor on contractual issues arising out of a Target Cost (NEC 3) Contract in connection with a £1.5bn off -shore wind project in the UK.
- Advising various developers, investors and contractors on contractual issues arising out of the procurement, design and construction of numerous wind and solar projects throughout the UK and in South Africa.
- Advising a major gas transmission company in relation to contractual issues arising out of a substantial gas diversion project in the North of England.
- Advising site licence companies in relation to various contractual issues arising out of significant nuclear decommissioning projects in the UK and advising recycling and recovery companies and EPC contractors and other supply chain companies in respect of contractual issues arising of the procurement, design and construction of various waste management facilities in the UK and in the Isle of Man.
- Advising private and public sector developers, investors, contractors, professionals and specialist sub-contractors on a wide range of contractual and legal issues arising out of various construction and engineering projects in the UK and overseas and across various sectors including real estate development, transport, energy and infrastructure.