Keep abreast of the latest pensions ombudsman's decisions
Important areas covered in this edition include:
- Spouse's pension – member who married two scheme members only permitted one spouse's pension
- Incapacity pension – trustees should not have revisited decision to grant an incapacity pension
- CETVs – member not allowed more than one CETV in a 12 month period
- Overpayments – scheme ordered to write off overpayments and reimburse member
- QROPS – scheme ordered to pay member unauthorised member payment tax charge and surcharge less notional tax charge
- Overpayments – recovery by trustee limited to 6 years
Download the full ombudsman update for more on these stories.
This publication is intended for general guidance and represents our understanding of the relevant law and practice as at October 2017. Specific advice should be sought for specific cases. For more information see our terms & conditions.