Complaints continue to be made to the Pensions Ombudsman covering a wide range of issues. It is essential for trustees and sponsoring employers to keep abreast of the Ombudsman's determinations to assess the impact on their schemes. To help you, below is the latest edition of our Ombudsman updates covering the period March 2015 - June 2015.
Areas covered in this edition include:
- the importance of clarity when communicating with members;
- the extent to which SIPP providers have to investigate and assess the suitability of investments;
- the actions taken by trustees which might constitute deliberate breaches of trust;
- the requirement to make a transfers-out even where pensions liberation is suspected; and
- an assessment of when a compromise agreement can be used by an employer and employee to validly surrender pensions rights.