Keep abreast of a selection of the latest determinations made by the Pensions Ombudsman.
During the last quarter, the Pensions Ombudsman has handed down a number of noteworthy decisions, relevant for trustees and sponsoring employers of pension schemes, and their professional advisers.
Our latest quarterly edition includes commentary on the following important topics:
- RPI/CPI: the importance of getting members' entitlement correct
- Underpayment of contributions: both the employer and employee were required to make amends
- Misquoted information: member still required to mitigate when misquoted information was provided
- TUPE transfers: the importance of ensuring implied contractual rights are honoured post-transfer
- Terminal illnesses: trustees need to take extra care when dealing with such cases.