Welcome to TLT's Financial Services Regulation weekly round up. Each week we summarise the latest regulatory news, focusing specifically on regulatory reform, consumer credit, the Financial Ombudsman Service, advertising, insurance, mortgages, banking and payments, and give a round up of industry news. Among the stories we cover this week are:
- The Law Commission publishes a call for evidence relating to bills of sale;
- The BBA launches the 'Know Fraud, No Fraud' campaign;
- The Payments Council reveals that six more banks are rolling out Paym to their customers;
- HM Treasury consults on the designation of payment systems for regulation by the Payment Systems Regulator; and
- HSBC reveals that it has approved over £1 billion of mortgages online since it launched its "end-to-end online application process".