Welcome to TLT's Financial Services Regulation round up. In each edition we summarise the latest regulatory news, focusing specifically on regulatory reform, consumer credit, the Financial Ombudsman Service, advertising, insurance, mortgages, banking and payments, and give a round up of industry news. Among the stories we cover this week are:
- StepChange calls on the Government to adopt 'An Action Plan on Problem Debt';
- MasterCard announces new alternative payment terms for SMBs to help with cash flow in the US;
- Payday Loan companies are found to be targeting students;
- The UK Cards Association issues a response to the PSR's proposals for a new regulatory framework for payment systems in the UK; and
- Individual found guilty of fraud for operating a CIS without FCA authorisation.