Welcome to TLT's Financial Services Regulation weekly round up. Each week we summarise the latest regulatory news, focusing specifically on regulatory reform, consumer credit, the Financial Ombudsman Service, advertising, insurance, mortgages, banking and payments, and give a round up of industry news. Among the stories we cover this week are:
- FCA explains its strategic approach to ensure 'sharper focus' to regulatory challenges ahead;
- CFA reports a number of short term lenders to the FCA for breaching industry regulation on selling credit to consumers;
- George Osborne announces that CML will work with Which? to help end mortgage confusion for consumers;
- PSR sets out the challenges to the payment services market; and
- LSB to undertake an independent review of the Lending Code.