Welcome to TLT's Financial Services Regulation weekly round up. Each week we summarise the latest regulatory news, focusing specifically on regulatory reform, consumer credit, the Financial Ombudsman Service, advertising, insurance, mortgages, banking and payments, and give a round up of industry news. Among the stories we cover this week are:
- FCA publishes new rules to ban credit brokers from charging fees;
- CML responds to HMT's consultation on giving direction powers to the FPC over housing market tools;
- MasterCard to team up with Visa to use biometric information to replace passwords for online payments;
- FOS warns consumers about payday loan rights; and
- FCA looks at conduct risk and the risks posed by PEPs, AML and sustainability.