Welcome to TLT's Financial Services Regulation round up. In each edition we summarise the latest regulatory news, focusing specifically on regulatory reform, consumer credit, the Financial Ombudsman Service, advertising, insurance, mortgages, banking and payments, and give a round up of industry news. Among the stories we cover this week are:
- Government to crack down on directors for nuisance calls and texts;
- Consumer Finance Association reacts to payday lending review;
- Barclays Bank to allow payments through Twitter;
- Advertising Standards Authority to respond to new prioritisation principles; and
- Former Head of Tax of Morrison's Supermarkets sentence to 12 months for insider trading.