Welcome to TLT's Financial Services Regulation round up. In each edition we summarise the latest regulatory news, focusing specifically on regulatory reform, consumer credit, the Financial Ombudsman Service, advertising, insurance, mortgages, banking and payments, and give a round up of industry news. Among the stories we cover this week are:
- The FCA looks at the retrospective application of the regulatory rules;
- HMT publishes new legislation incorporating EU regulations on mortgage lending into UK law;
- New compensation scheme for card security product holders following concerns about whether these products were mis-sold;
- EU Council approves the compromise agreement to cap fees for card based payments; and
- The Payments Council reveals that there were 1.16 million bank account switches in 2014.