Welcome to TLT's Financial Services Regulation weekly round up. Each week we summarise the latest regulatory news, focusing specifically on regulatory reform, consumer credit, the Financial Ombudsman Service, advertising, insurance, mortgages, banking and payments, and give a round up of industry news. Among the stories we cover this week are:
- FCA publishes terms of reference on a credit card market study;
- The Payments Council reveals that six banks have signed up to PAYM;
- Bank of England appoints Deloitte to investigate CHAPS system failure last month;
- Which? reveals that investment brokers are failing to provide full and accurate information about the products and services they sell; and
- New competition powers for the FCA.