Welcome to TLT's Financial Services Regulation round up. In each edition we summarise the latest regulatory news, focusing specifically on regulatory reform, consumer credit, the Financial Ombudsman Service, advertising, insurance, mortgages, banking and payments, and give a round up of industry news. Among the stories we cover this week are:
- CMA releases update on retail banking investigation;
- FCA publishes Business Plan for 2015/16;
- Concerns that banks levy increase could damage global competitiveness as Standard Chartered consider relocating;
- BBA report examines challenges and opportunities from the digitisation of banking; and
- Treasury to raise £13 billion by selling off loans on bailed out banks.