Welcome to TLT's Financial Services Regulation round up. In each edition we summarise the latest regulatory news, focusing specifically on regulatory reform, consumer credit, the Financial Ombudsman Service, advertising, insurance, mortgages, banking and payments, and give a round up of industry news. Among the stories we cover this week are:
- FCA reveals cash savings market is not working well for consumers and proposes remedies to overcome this;
- The FLA reports that consumer finance and car finance is growing;
- CML data reveals house purchase lending fell by 12% in November 2014;
- PRA publishes a policy statement on 'Implementing the Bank Recovery and Resolution Directive – response to CP13/14'; and
- New Consumer Spotlight to help firms examine the retail financial services consumer landscape.