Welcome to TLT's Financial Services Regulation round up. In each edition we summarise the latest regulatory news, focusing specifically on regulatory reform, consumer credit, the Financial Ombudsman Service, advertising, insurance, mortgages, banking and payments, and give a round up of industry news.
Among the stories we cover this week are:
- CML report shows arrears and repossessions continuing to fall;
- Lloyds could return to full private ownership 'within a year' according to Chairman;
- BBA chief says competitiveness of UK's financial services sector 'should be a national concern';
- Bank of England executive plays down HSBC exit fears; and
- Interest rates on course to rise by next summer, says Bank of England.