Welcome to TLT's Financial Services Regulation weekly round up. Each week we summarise the latest regulatory news, focusing specifically on regulatory reform, consumer credit, the Financial Ombudsman Service, advertising, insurance, mortgages, banking and payments, and give a round up of industry news. Among the stories we cover this week are:
- High Court ruling orders Northern Rock to redress customers for failing to comply with the CCA;
- EBA publishes draft guidelines on assessing customer creditworthiness under the MCD;
- FCA introduces new proposals to ensure consumers make informed decisions on purchasing GAP insurance;
- Bank of England announces results of the stress tests for the UK banking system; and
- FCA bans a managing director from performing 'regulated activities' for not being 'fit and proper'.