Welcome to TLT's Financial Services Regulation round up. In each edition we summarise the latest regulatory news, focusing specifically on regulatory reform, consumer credit, the Financial Ombudsman Service, advertising, insurance, mortgages, banking and payments, and give a round up of industry news. Among the stories we cover this week are:
- Clydesdale Bank hit with largest ever fine imposed by the FCA for failings relating to PPI;
- Cash payments continue to fall as mobile payments rise;
- CML members adopt new statement of practice on buy-to-let mortgage lending;
- KPMG report says banks paid 60% of profits in fines and customer repayments; and
- Bonuses fall by £1 billion at UK's five largest banks.