TLT continues to grow its UK-wide business, with six new partners and a further team of 24 solicitors, paralegals and support set to join the firm's new Manchester office before Christmas. The team joins from Irwin Mitchell.
The move comes just six months after the firm launched in the city, and is part of a series of planned investments that build TLT's UK-wide commercial, corporate and litigation services for clients in the firm's focus sectors.
TLT's Managing Partner David Pester, says, "This is a clear marker in the sand about our UK-wide growth intentions. We want to get the right people and the right expertise into the business to deliver for our clients when and where they need us. Adding a team of 30 people, which includes six experienced Manchester-based partners, is a major step towards achieving that.
"The team is a great fit strategically for the firm. Their industry experience advising energy, financial services, leisure and retail businesses adds immediate expertise for TLT's clients. They have significant experience in the Manchester market, alongside legal skills that will deliver for the firm's clients UK-wide - adding to the focus and expertise of our existing Manchester team.
"The team's arrival cements our place in Manchester and builds further the firm's UK-wide commercial, corporate and litigation teams."
The six new partners joining TLT include:
• Andrew Bell: property. Andrew is a non-contentious property lawyer with particular expertise in the leisure sector and in property recovery work. He advises large plcs on their commercial property work.
• Ed Cotton: employment. Ed has experience on both contentious and non-contentious matters. He regularly advises on complex strategic and organisational issues as well as the corporate aspects of disposals, mergers and acquisitions.
• John Lord: commercial litigation. John specialises in corporate and contractual disputes in the financial services, leisure and utilities sectors. John led Irwin Mitchell's national recoveries team and the north-west region's commercial litigation practice. He was client relationship partner for a number of Irwin Mitchell's major corporate clients.
• Jon Close: corporate. Jon handles a mixture of M&A, private equity and public equity work. Jon was previously head of Irwin Mitchell's corporate team in Manchester.
• Julien Luke: commercial litigation. Julien has specialist experience across the financial services, leisure and telecoms sectors. He advises on complex contractual disputes and debt recovery.
• Tom Seabrook: banking & finance litigation. Tom advises on property and finance disputes as well as professional negligence work. He led Irwin Mitchell's banking and finance litigation team in Manchester.