Richard is a regulatory lawyer specialising in consumer protection, advertising and antitrust law.
Richard regularly helps clients in the retail and consumer goods sectors understand complex regulatory requirements and advises on risk in a commercial and pragmatic way.
Richard also supports clients with contentious regulatory investigations brought by the Competition and Markets Authority, Trading Standards and the Advertising Standards Authority. He also has experience advising clients on how to respond to CMA Market Studies & Investigations.
Jurisdiction: England & Wales
- Advised on a complex competition law investigation brought by the CMA against a price comparison website in relation to alleged anti-competitive use of most favoured nation clauses.
- Advised a FTSE 100 consumer goods manufacturer on the regulatory classification of a novel product prior to launch in the UK.
- Advised a global technology company on the competition law risks associated with restricting the interoperability of third party products.
- Provided consumer law compliance training to the dealership network of a global automobile manufacturer.
- Successfully advised a FTSE 100 retail client in bringing an ASA complaint against a rival’s comparative advertising campaign.