Neil specialises in commercial and residential property investment and asset management, primarily on behalf of overseas investors.
Neil is also experienced in all aspects of landlord and tenant law, acting for both investor landlords and occupational tenants, including residential freehold enfranchisement and lease extensions.
Neil qualified in 1990.
Jurisdiction: England and Wales
- Advising the TLT team advising the London Borough of Lambeth. Recent and current projects include: The proposed Garden Bridge scheme across the River Thames; Real estate issues of capital investment in early years education centres with grant funding involving consideration of and advice on decant options and legal structures to achieve that; multiple lettings on community based schemes; and Land swaps and development agreements for new school facilities.
- Acting for a public authority on a £23 million disposal of surplus staff accommodation comprising a block of 63 flats in Belgravia as an investment/development opportunity which included negotiating and documenting planning and forward sale claw-back provisions and sales overage.
- Neil leads on all estate management work TLT carries out for the Metropolitan Police. Recent and current projects include:
- Disposals of redundant police stations and surplus staff accommodation as investment/development opportunities with values of between circa £2M to £23million, to include negotiating and documenting forward sale claw-back provisions and sales and planning overage provisions.
- Acting on a sensitive internal issue relating to a substantial sports facility and in relation to development adjoining the international terrorist holding unit at Paddington Green Police Station.
- Advising after asbestos contaminated soil was found on a strategically important development site to include advice on duties in respect of the safe management of asbestos, areas of potential liability and strategy in respect of remedial works.
- Dealing with occupational tenants on lease renewals, licences to assign and to occupy and variations to existing commercial leases.
- Providing strategic advice relating to the proposed disposal of major property in the vicinity of the Parliamentary estate.