Mark is a partner, leading our Corporate Tax practice, with over twelve years' experience in advising on all aspects of Corporate Tax, including direct taxes, value added tax, and stamp duties. Mark's expertise includes:
- Advising individual shareholders on the capital gains tax and income tax implications of the acquisition, disposal or reorganisation of shares or securities.
- Advising private equity houses on tax structuring issues on the acquisition of companies pursuant to management buy outs and otherwise.
- Advising early stage and fast growth technology companies. This includes in particular the complexities of the tax reliefs available under EIS, SEIS and VCT schemes, in which Mark has a particular interest.
- Tax advice on the structure and documentation of mergers and acquisitions and different types of equity and debt restructuring.
- All aspects of real estate tax, including the Stamp Duty Land Tax, VAT, capital allowances and direct taxes implications of a range of property development projects, sales and acquisitions of commercial land, and student accommodation and other housing projects.
- The full range of tax issues on different types of renewables projects.
Mark has been independently recognised as an 'Associate to Watch' by Chambers UK, a guide to the legal profession. He has also completed an LLM in Tax Law and is a member of the Stamp Taxes Practitioners Group and the EIS Association.
Jurisdiction: England & Wales