Luke advises on complex and high value litigation matters for clients in the financial services industry, both as claimant and defendant.
Luke advises on complex and high value matters for clients in the financial services industry. Luke has specialist experience of matters involving financial crime, including:
- Fraud, including the full spectrum of financial scams and cryptocurrencies;
- Anti-money laundering;
- Counter-terrorist financing;
Luke’s advice on these matters relate to breach of duty / contract and potential regulatory breaches.
Luke also has experience of data protection and privacy claims and actions brought under the Equality Act 2010.
Having undertaken a number of secondments into in-house legal teams, Luke has a deep understanding of his clients’ businesses and has built strong relationships with key stakeholders.
Luke has particular expertise in providing strategic advice and support on internal complaints processes and large-scale remediation projects.
Jurisdiction: England and Wales
- Advising clients on a range of data breach and privacy complaints and claims. Providing strategic and commercial advice to resolve disputes and ensure regulatory compliance.
- The defence of a potential claim under the Equality Act 2010 against legacy brand of a major bank.
- Team leader in a significant project with a major bank and seconded into the bank into various roles to provide strategic advice and implement new processes and procedures.
- Providing advice to consumer credit clients around the impact of Covid-19 on chargeback and Section 75 Consumer Credit Act 1974 claims.