Liz has extensive expertise in providing strategic advice to board members and to HR teams on employment matters across a variety of sectors, including retail, leisure, food and drink and digital.
In particular she advises on complex issues (affecting both store and supply chain), such as NMW, Equal Pay, changing terms and conditions, board disputes, change management (restructures, reorganisations and collective redundancies), matters involving Trade Unions, severance agreements and TUPE transfers, in particular around service provision change. Liz also has significant experience in tribunal litigation in the employment tribunal, the EAT and in the Court of Appeal.Liz establishes close working relationships with her clients. Her personal approach and tenacity has won her praise from clients and she is noted in the Legal 500 as being ‘industrious’, ‘very approachable and professional’, with ‘excellent client skills and quick to get to the heart of the problem and provide client-led solutions’.
Jurisdiction: England & Wales
- Advising online retailer in connection with theft of confidential information and breach of restrictive covenants;
- Advising English University on the TUPE implications of outsourcing services;
- Advising fashion retail client in respect of HMRC National Minimum Wage enquiry;
- Advising major UK retailer on collective consultation with trade union relating to changing contractual terms of employment for large number of staff;
- International manufacturing business – advising on sensitive restructuring and redundancy process;
- Representing senior physiotherapist in his claims of whistleblowing, unfair dismissal and breach of contract against GB Sport Taekwondo & Others;
- Successfully defending discrimination and whistleblowing claims issued against retail clients;
- Advising companies and individuals on senior exits.