Leo Wilson is a real estate legal specialist and has many years of experience acting for landlords, tenants, multinational investors, developers and financial institutions on a variety of complex real estate transactions involving sales and purchases, commercial leasing, development, and borrowing and lending secured against real estate assets.
He has experience of working not just on the property aspects of the transaction, but also the structuring and financing of the deal and indirect real estate investments using equity, debt and offshore holding structures with underlying property assets.
Leo has a particular focus on real estate finance, and in recent years he has worked on a variety of transactions with different types of properties including offices, retail, student accommodation, care homes, and hotels.
Jurisdiction: England & Wales
- Advising a property fund on the acquisition of three multi-let office buildings in London, Bristol and Manchester with a deal value of over £350 million;
- Acting for a pension fund on its retail lettings management of a shopping centre, including a surrender of three restaurant units and a development agreement with a cinema operator;
- Acting for a private bank on the real estate aspects of a £350 million senior loan facility secured against a portfolio of 18 student properties;
- Acting for a pension fund on a sale and leaseback transaction relating to retirement and care home villages involving the negotiation of a long lease and operating lease of individual retirement apartments with cross collateral guarantees and security; and
- Advising the owners of a West End hotel on a headlease term extension, renewal of its operating lease and a refinancing of the hotel.