Kate is an experienced associate in our Pensions team.
She specialises in advising trustees and employers on pension scheme governance, restructuring exercises, benefit redesign including incentive exercises and benefit transfers, scheme closures, buy-ins and buy-outs and dealing with member complaints.
Kate also advises on public sector pension scheme matters, including pension’s issues arising from re-tendering services, franchising and restructuring exercises.
Kate is a member of the Association of Pension Lawyers and is noted in Legal 500 as a 'Rising Star'.
Jurisdiction: England & Wales
- Advising various trustee bodies on the requirements to equalise GMP’s and the GMP elements of cash equivalent transfer values;
- Advising an outsourcing service provider on the termination of active membership in a broadly comparably pension scheme;
- Advising on and responding to member complaints and liaising with the Pensions Ombudsman on behalf of the employer and trustees;
- Conducting an audit of a scheme’s governing documentation for the purpose of determining whether it has correctly applied statutory increases; and
- Preparing, consolidating and updating a set of rules for a final salary scheme.