Julien joined TLT in 2013 and has over 20 years' commercial litigation experience.
He has expertise in the utilities (electricity, gas and water) leisure, telecoms and recruitment sectors. High value and complex commercial debt recovery actions form a staple of Julien's practice.
Julien also specialises in advising clients to pursue and defend Employment contract Restrictive Covenant disputes. He has handled several high value 'team move' injunctions which are subject to the ‘speedy trial’ jurisdiction of the High Court. Having acted on both sides of such disputes, Julien has the tactical insight to be able to advise clients on all aspects of those claims.
He also specialises in the registration and enforcement of foreign judgements in England & Wales.
Jurisdiction: England & Wales
- Acting for six individual defendants who were former employees of a multi-national business and who were alleged to have orchestrated a 'team move' to a competitor. Instructions were provided to deal with an Injunction Application at the Royal Courts of Justice, on three days' notice and subsequent successful defence of a multi-million pound claim.
- Acting for a large national recruitment business in pursuing a high value claim for damages against a former key employee who was alleged to have breached their post-termination restrictions in their contract of employment. Successfully pursued damages and costs.
- Acting for a Norwegian client in pursuing the registration and enforcement of a multi-million pound judgement debt in England & Wales.
- Acting for five individual defendants who were former employees of a recruitment agency as well as acting for their new employer, a competitor recruitment agency. The claimant alleged that the individual defendants were subject to enforceable non-competition covenants which precluded them from working for their new employer and sought an interim injunction preventing them from continuing to do so. Before Mr Justice Snowden, the Vice Chancellor of the County Palatine of Lancaster, TLT were successful in dismissing the application with a costs order made in favour of the defendants. [Affinity Workforce Solutions Ltd v McCann  EWHC 2829 (Ch)]
- Acting for a team of individuals in defending a springboard injunction application and proceedings where multi-million pounds in damages were sought.
[Chess Limited (1) Chess People Limited (2) -v- Henderson & Others  EWHC 3264 (QB)]