John has over 25 years' experience in the commercial property sector.
In a wide-ranging career he has acted for clients as diverse as Staples UK, Scottish Widows/Kintyre LLP, Dandara, IKEA (Pension Fund), Bank of Scotland, JJB, Dave Whelan Sports, Inacity, CIT, Pure Leisure Group, Freeport, Lookers plc and a number of private investment syndicates and developers.
Significant transactions include:
- the development of a 500,000 square foot CDC warehouse for Corporate Express
- refinancing of the MEN Arena;
- the development, letting and disposal of Giltbrook Retail Park, Nottingham and various other retail park investments for IKEA's Pension Fund;
- various mixed use developments and city centre residential schemes for Dandara;
- the acquisition of the Office World retail chain for Staples UK, and the development of the Staples retail warehouse chain since its inception in 1993;
- the funding of various hotel, leisure and public house portfolios for a number of lenders;
- and the acquisition, management, tax structuring and disposal of a Scottish Widows Property Fund for a sum in excess of £150million.
Jurisdiction: England and Wales