Jack acts for a wide variety of financial services clients primarily in the disputes and remediation space, covering litigation, complex complaints and redress.
Jack acts for several of the firm’s international bank clients in high value recovery and enforcement actions, usually involving multiple foreign jurisdictions and working closely with foreign lawyers. He has particular experience of claims arising out of syndicated lending facilities, often involving Indian-based promoters. Tied in with his recovery work, Jack has good experience of asset investigation and protection measures, including freezing injunctions and third party disclosure orders.
Jack also specialises in advisory work around financial services complex complaints and remediation, with a particular focus on SME banking complaints, drawing upon his experience not only of secondments to three of the firm’s key banking clients but also his previous employment at the Financial Ombudsman Service.
Jurisdiction: England and Wales
- Acting for a consortium of Indian financial institutions in a USD >1bn recovery and enforcement action relating to a guarantee liability of a high profile Indian businessman.
- Acting for an Indian banking client in two related recovery actions totalling approximately EUR 12m relating to funds lent for the purpose of refurbishing and running a cruise ship. Defending associated challenges to jurisdiction.
- Working with Hong Kong lawyers to secure a freezing injunction over accounts in Hong Kong following payments arising out of CEO-imposter fraud for approximately USD 2m.
- Working on a very high profile business banking complaints and remediation scheme for a major UK banking client’s restructuring arm.
- Acting for a banking client in defending an c.£3m mis-selling claim concerning a suite of facilities backed by the Enterprise Finance Guarantee scheme, together with an associated counterclaim for repayment of sums due.
- Advising a major UK clearing bank on multiple fixed rate loan selling claims and complaints.