Branis has 12 years of experience in commercial property law with particular expertise in commercial real estate and development finance.
Described by clients as focused, resilient and efficient, Branis has breadth of commercial legal experience.
She acts for national and regional developers and landowners on the strategic acquisition of commercial and residential development of land, including drafting and negotiating options, contracts conditional on planning and collaboration and promotion agreements.
She has extensive experience of acting for landlords and tenants in respect of leases, agreements of lease, re-gearing of leases, assignments, licences, AGAs, rent deposits and such like.
She has specific interest and experience in development finance and has frequently acted for developers, banks, building societies, pension funds and alternative finance providers on acquisition and development funding including forward sale and forward funding agreements on high value structured commercial development sites.
Jurisdiction: England and Wales
- a development of two retail units (25,000 ft² and 10,000 ft² respectively) with mezzanine floor (6,000 ft²), garden centre (7,200 ft² ) and 205 parking spaces to a national gym chain and large retail warehouse with full repairing and insuring leases inside the 1954 Act;
- an acquisition of a commercial building subject to existing leases of car parking areas and long leasebacks of ground floor retail units to the vendor and an on-going development of floors 1, 2 and 3 into residential apartments for onward leasehold sales;
- a large development project of a retail store to a multinational chain comprising 75,531 ft² over three floors adjoining garden centre with transfer back to the site owner and complex forward funding arrangement with GDV of £15.2M;
- an acquisition of land conditional on planning comprising 2,408 ft² developed in accordance with the tenants’ specifications (tenants being a national hotel chain, retail merchant and drive-through coffee retailer) and on a forward funding basis with gross maximum commitment of £8.5M followed by a disposal to the Fund;
- a development of a retail park comprising 3 units comprising 19,700 sq ft with 81 car parking spaces on an equity finance basis provided by a major institutional lender with capital contribution of £4.05M calculated on the basis of rental income from fully let premises to three major national retail chains (the exchange being conditional on planning and exchange of the forward funding agreement and a number of additional associated conditions precedent).