Andrew is an associate in the Project, Infrastructure and Construction team. He acts for a range of service providers and end users in the construction and engineering sectors, including major contractors, global brands, developers, public bodies and institutional investors.
Andrew also has a wide variety of clean energy experience including solar, wind, energy from waste and gas peaking.
Jurisdiction: England & Wales
- Drafting and negotiating the construction and maintenance contracts for the design, manufacture and installation of a new aseptic filler line at Lucozade Ribena Suntory's factory in Coleford.
- Reviewing and advising on the construction arrangements for the development of 80 luxury apartments and a 50-bed Mandarin Oriental hotel in Mayfair, London.
- Advising NextEnergy Capital, investment manager for the NextEnergy Solar Fund, on its £9.3m acquisition of two co-located solar and battery storage projects from Battery Energy Storage Solutions and a consortium of private equity EIS investors. The projects, Pierces Farm and Salcey Farm, represent NESF’s first investment in co-located technology. Andrew advised on all construction and infrastructure aspects of the transaction.
- Advising Eelpower on its acquisition of one of the UK's largest energy storage schemes from Anesco. The 20MW Rock Farm scheme is in Ludlow, Shropshire and is connected to the local grid. It comprises sixteen 1.25MW BYD-manufactured storage units and was developed and constructed by Anesco.
- Advising a national housing association in relation to defects in and replacement of cladding on two substantial developments. This includes claims against the architect, responsible for design, the developer, responsible for construction, and the insurance backed warranty provider for the remedy of the cladding defects.