Teal background image

Pavement licences

We help businesses get the right local authority approvals to allow them to put tables, chairs and other furniture on a public highway. Whether it's a designated area for smokers, or a large pavement café, we advise on licensing and planning permission needs and how to make applications for variation of the licence.

We act for pubs, bars, restaurants, hotels, music festivals and shops, from individual operators and smaller independent businesses to national multiple companies.

From initial investigations with local authority teams, to making applications and attending hearings, we have significant experience in all aspects of securing a pavement licence. Where applications require planning advice, we also have an expert planning team to assist in that regard.

With our national client base, we have experience in applying for pavement licences throughout England, Wales and Scotland. As a consequence we are familiar with the nuances authority by authority, as well as knowing the individual officers and how best to approach difficult and sometimes complicated issues.

Insights & events View all