Businesses that don't meet their regulatory obligations face enforcement action, including criminal prosecution, as well as the associated costs, lost management time and reputational damage.
Our complete service covers all aspects of regulatory law, from commercially-based compliance advice right through to protecting the interests of companies or individuals facing regulatory investigation or prosecution.
We'll work closely with you to keep you up to date with any relevant regulatory developments in your sector. This can include bespoke training to ensure that employees fully understand regulatory risks and are able to make commercial decisions within this framework.
What we offer
- Strategic and tactical advice particularly in Financial Services, Clean Energy, Digital, Real Estate, Leisure, Food and Drink and Retail sectors.
- Genuine subject matter experts - ex-regulators on the team provide market-leading advice and effectively communicate with regulators.
- Rapid response teams - we'll assemble an experienced team at short notice.
- Legal project management to deliver projects on time and meeting objectives.
- Technology platforms to support us as we work through a project.
- Strong track record on collaborating with other firms to provide bespoke and effective results.
- Advising a large mutual society investigated by the FCA and PRA in relation to potential fraud by two of its senior management, and systems and controls regarding its whistleblowing policy and senior management oversight.
- Advising a multinational consumer credit company investigated by the FCA and ICO in relation to a significant cyber security breach.
- A large financial crime regulatory exercise for a major UK bank. We worked closely with senior stakeholders in the business and in the Legal, Risk and Compliance teams and supported the bank in liaising with, and reporting to the FCA, PRA and regulators in a number of international jurisdictions.
- Advising a number of individuals who have been asked to give evidence to a significant residential housing fire inquiry which is ongoing.
- Acting for various directors of a large public sector contractor company in an SFO investigation.