We've been involved in clean energy for more than 20 years. With an outstanding reputation for innovation and a track record of working with some of the most entrepreneurial companies in the sector, we regularly advise on "first of a kind" projects including subsidy-free, multi-technology, energy storage, EV charging infrastructure and cleantech.
Our experienced legal team is one of the few that can provide UK-wide legal advice, supporting projects in England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland. Our dual-qualified clean technology specialists can also provide advice in the Republic of Ireland.
We're one of only a few UK law firms with the specialist expertise to advise on all aspects of clean energy projects across the range of technologies and project lifecycle. We’re regularly instructed on projects which require financing, corporate transactional, real estate, planning, grid, offtake and construction expertise. In addition, we’re recognised for our expertise in specialist areas such as IP, technology, commercial dispute resolution, European grant funding, commercial partnerships and corporate and private wire arrangements.
- Advising Gridserve on the development, financing and £40 million disposal to Warrington Borough Council of the first subsidy-free multi-technology (34.7MWp solar, battery storage plus future EV facilities) development in the UK.
- Advising Zenobé Energy on its multi-million landmark project for storage and charging infrastructure for Stagecoach’s new electric fleet.
- Acting for Rockfire on one of the largest ground mounted solar portfolio acquisitions in the UK, with over 30 operational solar farms totalling 300MW.
- Acting for Macquarie on the acquisition of a majority stake in BioCow - the UK’s first biomethane injection point into the national transmission grid.
- Advising Blackfinch Investments on the acquisition of 12 operational onshore wind projects, located across England and Scotland, from Harmony Energy. A number of these projects involved a private wire element.
- Advising Santander on its landmark investment in a £28.5 million facility to Battery Energy Storage Solutions Limited.
- Advising Thrive Renewables on their innovative joint venture with Aura Power to supply medium and large energy users with free battery storage installations in return for revenue share.