Our multi-disciplinary clean energy team has advised on some of the first electric vehicle charging infrastructure projects to be implemented in the UK.
We've been involved in modelling project structures and advising on funding options for both standalone EV charging infrastructure, fleet vehicle charging infrastructure and multi-technology projects that look to combine EV charging points with other assets such as solar and battery storage.
Utilising our sector expertise, we have negotiated EPC and O&M contracts alongside commercial terms and agreements that are bankable for flagship EV charging projects. We have also been involved in negotiating the intellectual property rights for associated software.
We worked with leading commentators in the sector to produce an EV whitepaper that discusses the opportunities and considerations surrounding the UK's growing shift to electric vehicles.
- Ecotricity on the sale of the Electric Highway – its pioneering national charging network – to sustainable energy company GRIDSERVE. GRIDSERVE took an initial 25% stake in the Electric Highway in March 2021, with the launch of the UK’s largest high-power motorway charging facility following soon after at Moto’s new flagship Rugby services on the M6. GRIDSERVE took the remaining 75% stake in the Electric Highway in June 2021, with plans to replace all the existing pumps on the network with new technology that features all the latest advances – including contactless payment. TLT advised Ecotricity on the initial investment and partnership in March, as well as the subsequent completion of the sale of the Electric Highway to GRIDSERVE.
- GRIDSERVE, since inception, with the world's first Electric Forecourt®, which opened in December 2020. This ground-breaking project in Braintree, Essex, allows multiple electric vehicles to be charged simultaneously via superchargers and uses 100% renewable energy, and offers customers a range of retail options including WHSmith, Costa Coffee and the Post Office.
- Triodos Bank UK on its financing to Pod Point to support the development of EVCI with a debt loan to at 600 Tesco stores. This is one of the first debt-funded projects of its kind in the UK.