TLT advises UK-based and international businesses and private clients on a wide range of legal and commercial matters.
We work with a network of law firms in Europe, USA, India, the Middle East and Australasia to provide swift access to high quality legal services across multiple jurisdictions to support our clients’ objectives.
Our strategic alliance with Netherlands-based firm Holla provides consistent and seamless cross border services for clients, on a range of matters including complex disputes, employment, IP and corporate finance/M&A.
For matters outside of the UK, we will often act as the sole hub for our clients, working with lawyers in the relevant country. We will project manage and deal with commercial issues, whilst they provide jurisdiction-specific legal advice.
We are also experts in advising overseas clients and legal firms looking for advice on UK legal and commercial matters.
- Acting for a consortium of 13 Indian banks in a £1bn claim action against a high profile international businessman, which involved obtaining a worldwide freezing injunction and subsequently investigating his assets and co-ordinating enforcement action in over 20 jurisdictions outside of India.
- Co-ordinating law firms in the Czech Republic, Belgium, Holland and Germany on Acquired Rights Directive issues relating to a European acquisition.
- Acting for one of the UK's leading fashion retailers in setting up logistics arrangements to support its franchise operations in over 60 countries.
- Managing a portfolio of 900 marks in 150 countries for Accolade Wines including Hardys, Stowells, Kumala, Stone’s, Babycham, Blackthorn and Gaymers.
- Advising the National Franchised Dealers Association, which represents approximately 85% of all franchised motor dealers in the UK, on competition and block exemption matters across Europe.
- Advising an Indian bank on its financing of the acquisition of a Swedish power company by an Indian power company.
- Acting as an intermediary/instructing lawyers in Sweden (on redundancy issues), in Germany (on restrictive covenant/performance issues), in France (on confidentiality/performance issues), in Italy (on sexual harassment issues), in Pakistan (on redundancy issues), in Dubai (on redundancy/gross misconduct issues), in the USA (on severance issues) and in Singapore (on severance issues).
- The Piraeus Office acted for ABN AMRO Bank NV in Greece/The Netherlands as facility agent, original lender and security agent under a US$229,000,000 syndicated facility relating to the financing of ten oil tanker and dry bulk carrier vessels to a large private Greek shipping group.