In a sector as dynamic as Real estate, lawyers must be forward-thinking. We’re leaders in the field who see the big picture and fine detail.
Real estate today is about so much more than bricks and mortar. Placemaking is high on the agenda and sustainability is key. Logistics hubs are reshaping retail and changing the face of the high street, as are mixed-use developments and urban regeneration. New business models such as build-to-rent and co-working/living are gaining traction. PropTech is advancing; smart buildings and Blockchain are on the horizon.
Amid this innovation and change, we stay ahead of the curve, while drawing on our extensive specialist experience. We are trusted strategic advisers on high-profile projects and “business-as-usual” work for corporate occupiers, developers, lenders, investors, public bodies, social housing providers and other sector professionals. Clients also benefit from our excellent relationships with leading property agents and other advisers.
With offices across the UK, we have national reach and local market insight. Our multi-disciplinary expertise is end-to-end, spanning all transactional matters, plus tax, planning, construction, disputes, environmental issues and more.
- Advising a global real estate services provider on acquisitions across the UK, including the purchase of a leading London property company, which strengthens its residential and commercial portfolios in London and accelerates its UK growth strategy.
- Advising a major construction company on a number of non-contentious and contentious construction matters. Advice has included the successful resolution of a number of disputes both in and out of the adjudicative procedure and further to judicial review proceedings.
- Acting for Guinness Partnership on the acquisition of two large development sites in Bromley-By-Bow in East London.
- Advising Cubex on the development of a new neighbourhood at Frome Gateway in partnership with PfP Capital, the fund and asset management branch of Places for People. The area has the potential to provide up to 1500 new homes, commercial space, community amenities and public realm improvements for Bristol.
- Advising Allied London on the financing of The ABC Buildings in Manchester.
- Completing three acquisitions for Persimmon in respect of a site in Calne with planning for 165 dwellings; a site in Tuffley, South Gloucestershire with planning for 250 new homes; and a site in Keynsham with planning permission for 100 new homes.