As a key provider to the financial services industry, our unrivalled collective experience enables us to expertly advise you on emerging opportunities and risks.
New opportunities are presented by developments in IT, FinTech, open banking, blockchain and alternative payment schemes. But there are new market pressures to consider, driven by political and regulatory uncertainty.
We act for a wide variety of financial services providers, including banks, building societies, FinTech companies, peer to peer lenders and outsourced service providers. Our expertise in the sector ensures that you’ll receive leading edge advice in all areas as you enhance your business proposition.
- Advising on transactions across the full range of financing options, from debt financing to equity fund raisings, receivables, sales and crowdfunding.
- Advising on all aspects of privacy law, including advising on GDPR projects, handling subject access requests, data breach management and data sharing arrangements.
- Advising on all aspects of the regulatory relationship, from supervisory engagements, thematic reviews, attestations and S166 skilled persons reviews through the Enforcement process including disciplinary proceedings and appeals to the Tribunal.
- Providing specialist and strategic consumer finance advice for regulated financial products including secured lending (for example, home lending, guarantor lending and pawn broking agreements), motor finance, unsecured lending (for example, credit cards, running-account credit agreements, fixed-sum credit agreements) and specialist lending (including high-cost short-term credit).
- Advising firms on the complete range of disputes they face and the claims they bring, ranging from the most reputationally-sensitive matters to BAU workstreams.
- Working with clients across the entire fraud and financial crime spectrum; from systems and prevention measures through investigation to advising on claims resulting from fraudulent activity.
- Dealing with regulatory investigations and internal reviews, and advising on remedial steps and redress exercises.
- Negotiating debt and portfolio sale documents and carrying out due diligence for portfolio sales and acquisitions (including regulatory due diligence reports on regulated and unregulated documentation). .
- Handling a wide range of high profile, business critical and demanding projects for clients hand-in-hand with their compliance, legal and business teams, including outsourcing IT, litigation and legal services.