When it comes to clean energy, we know what we’re talking about. We’ve been involved in the sector for over 20 years, advising on a wide range of projects including those which combine multiple technologies, energy storage, and electric vehicles and their associated charging infrastructure, for a variety of different organisations.
Our experienced legal team is one of the few that can provide UK-wide legal advice, supporting projects in England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland. Our dual-qualified clean technology specialists can also provide advice in the Republic of Ireland.
Our clients span the sector, from high growth entrepreneurial companies to large utilities. We act for all parties involved in successful projects including developers, banks, equity investors, contractors and suppliers.
We have also advised government departments in relation to the implementation and operation of energy efficiency and renewables policy, and have been instrumental in tackling the legal issues around energy storage projects and have experience of advising across the project life-cycle.
- Advising Santander in relation to a landmark transaction signalling that the energy storage market is now ripe for debt funding. The investment sees Santander provide a £28.5m facility to Battery Energy Storage Solutions Limited. We provided Santander with end to end support and advice, including advising on the terms and structure of the debt finance.
- Advising WELink Energy Investments (UK) Limited and Project Blue Sky Limited on the sale of their 61MW Swindon solar farm to Rockfire Capital. The site is on the former WW2 airfield in Wroughton near Swindon.
- Advising The Renewable Infrastructure Group on its acquisition of the 20MW Broxburn energy storage plant in Scotland - one of the first large-scale commercial power storage projects in the UK.
- Advising InfraRed Capital Partners on the sale of the 29MW operational Twin Rivers Wind Farm to NTR plc. The site contains 14 wind turbines and will generate enough electricity to meet the power needs of around 20,500 homes.
- Advising Guinness Asset Management on its investment in one of the UK's first solar plus battery storage projects. The project will see a Tesla battery added to one of the UK's largest rooftop solar installations at the Telford distribution centre of Lyreco, which was also developed by EvoEnergy and is owned by funds managed by Guinness Asset Management.