Iain is an award-winning technical procurement specialist with over 23 years’ experience covering both sides of the procurement process. He joined TLT as Chief Procurement Services Officer in 2019.
Iain has previously led the procurement functions of several high profile private and public sector organisations, developing a proven track record of risk mitigation, cost savings and bid management.
He has consulted on a wide range of high profile audits of public procurements, helping clients to undertake procurement exercises that are not only compliant, but also commercially minded and attractive to bidder organisations, including the early detection of risk.
Iain is a Chartered Fellow of both the Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (FCIPS) and the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (UK) (FCILT), and is a Fellow of the Chartered Management Institute (FCMI). Iain is also Vice Chair of the CIPS West of Scotland branch.
- Provided procurement consultancy and support to a large subsidiary of a UK government NDPB on a multi-£bn infrastructure project. Support included; quality assurance testing of the procurement evaluation processes, evaluator and negotiator training, strategic advice on bidder management and onsite support during the evaluation and standstill phases of the procurement.
- Pre-award procurement audits across the estate of a large UK government NDPB, including; ICT, construction, engineering, and professional services projects. Consultancy included structured LfE, procurement design and evaluation training to commercial, legal and procurement staff across the UK.
- Designed and implemented processes to quantify the value and effectiveness of global frameworks for two large central government departments.
- Led the supplier workstream for the procurement and implementation of a major Europe-wide banking platform on behalf of a consortium of blue chip UK and US financial services companies.
- Supported a US based enterprise information management organisation in the strategic restructure of their business to be compliant with Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT) legislation in the US. Responsible for all third parties providing services to operations in the UK, Ireland, Spain, Netherlands, Germany and Australia and the separation of data systems for the resulting companies.